Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Phitsanulok or Sukhothai

I%26#39;m planning on going to Sukhothai from Lampang... I was just wondering if it would be a better idea to stay in Phitsanulok for 2 nights and take a day trip to Sukhothai or to stay in Sukhothai for 2 nights. I can then either fly Thai Airways from Phitsanulok to Phuket through BKK, or fly Bangkok Airways and Air Asia from Sukhothai to Phuket through BKK. Any opinions as to which town is better? Thanks :)



Phitsanulok or Sukhothai


I stayed 1 night in Phitsanulok a couple of years ago. It%26#39;s just an ordinary Thai town - not geared up for tourists at all. I enjoyed it because it was different, but nothing really to recommend it.



Phitsanulok or Sukhothai


a day trip from Pitsanulok to Sukohthai will take LONG time! it%26#39;s around 60 kms away and remember you need more distance from Sukhothai city to other historic sites(Srisatchanalai historic park is 55 kms from the city and Sukohtai historic park is around 12 kms)





Nothing so special in Pitsanulok like the above poster mentioned. only one most revered monastery for Thais but for farangs it%26#39;s not so different from other temples you have visited





The Sukhothai airport is also far from the city too. it%26#39;s on the way from the city to Srisachanalai Historic Park.





there are lots of hotels and resorts around Sukohthai Historic Park anyway




Thanks guys! I guess I%26#39;ll just stay in Sukhothai then, and skip Phitsanulok. :)




Hi,I like Sukhothai too.

No comments:

Post a Comment