Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Currently in Phuket

Hi guys/gals,





I was helped a lot by this site, while planning my Phuket trip. I landed on 5th March, and will be here till 12th March. Here are some observations/tips.





Weather: Is great. Prior to coming here, I saw forecasts of thunderstorms and what not. The reality is that its sunny day long, with a 10-15 mins shower around noon. Great beaching weather.





Staying at C%26amp;N Hotel. Wonderful budget hotel ... better than some costlier hotels. For 1200 bahts, I get a big clean room and toilet and breaky. The C%26amp;N massage place is also good. Professional masseurs ... got a sports massage done. Both these places were recommended by others here.





Eats: Patong Seafood is good. Had the chargrilled tiger prawns ... yummy !!! Arroi is wonderful ... and cheap. For 250 bahts/person, one can eat very well on the beach restaurants. Of course, there are cheaper places.





Patong Beach is not too crowded right now .. people around but enough place for everyone.





Have booked the Hong by Starlight by John Gray for tomorrow ... will comment on it soon.





In short, I am having a blast ...





- manish



Currently in Phuket


Everybody asking about Phuket weather needs to cut and paste your weather report onto their foreheads and stop worrying about it. It%26#39;s the worst case scenario for 90% of the year, I reckon.



Currently in Phuket


It%26#39;s chucking it down right now though but at least it%26#39;s night time :-)




Have a blast and have a break from this forum.




Hi manish, good to hear you are having a good time. I also like Arroi...best satay. Keep enjoying yourself.




OK ... have a few minutes before the John Gray people pick me up from my hotel. So, here goes ...





Weather still fine ... some clouds during the day, but its hot and slighly windy. Most guys go around bare chested ... and topless sun bathing is very common in Patong.





Ja, before I forget ... do NOT exchange money at the airports. I got 34.65 baht to a US dollar in BKK airport. When I landed in Phuket a few hours later, the town exchange people were giving 35.75 baht to a dollar. U def get better rates in Phuket town .. and tons of exchange counters all over the place. Also, ATMs.





Two Haagen Dazs places in Patong ... delicious. Tons of western fast food places in Patong. But, I am eating mostly in the local places ... have yet to discover a bad one !!!





Gotta go now ...





- manish




sounds fun!



cant wait. we go on aug/september.



were worried about the weather. hope its the same as you are experiencing :-)




Would it be possible to keep leaving updates. It is good to hear what is going on at the mo in Phuket ie weather etc...





I will be in Phuket in 2 weeks.




I stayed at c n hotel as well for the same price, its ok but if you go up the road and have a look at the c n resort you will fall over your self !



Same company ,same rate just up the road on the hill but like 5 * resort, i only found this on my last 2 nights in phuket after spending 13 nights at there hotel.



I nearly cried when i saw the difference in style !

No comments:

Post a Comment