Thursday, April 19, 2012

Help in finding a nanny for our trip to Phuket

Hello!





I will be needing a daily nanny end of June for 12 days as we will be staying in a pool villa in Anantara but the rate they qouted me is just too high : 400 Baht euqivalent to 8,70 euros per hour per child and i have two children ages 3 and 10 years old eventhough the babysitter will be mainly for my 3 year old daughter...so i%26#39;m thinking of finding one outside of the hotel.





Does anybody knows of a nanny whom i can trust to take care of my daughter? I will really be greatful if anyone can help me find one.





THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!





Davao



Help in finding a nanny for our trip to Phuket


I think you will have a problem trying to get an outside person to baby-sit in the hotel, I very much doubt they would permit it for many reasons.







I would guess you are talking about nights when you go out in the evenings away from the resort ? I would think it would only be for a few hours. For security and safety I would stick with the approved Anantara staff.



Help in finding a nanny for our trip to Phuket


You might even want to bring the one (if you have one) with you. That way the kids will be more comfortable and not around strangers.



I would never think of leaving my daughter in a 3rd world country with strangers .. I don%26#39;t get it. My opinion and ONLY my opinion is your are nuts. Sorry.




Hi Davao



I agree with sbratinc. Sorry. Thailand would not have the security checks that countries like Australia and I imagine France have. Stick with the hotel approved nanny or bring one with you. Your child%26#39;s life and wellbeing are paramount.




Hi Davao!





No offence or anything but why bring them in the first place, if you%26#39;re only going to leave them at the hotel anyway? Wasn%26#39;t the whole point of the trip was to go on a holiday?





If it was a holiday to escape the burden of parenthood, you could%26#39;ve left the kids with their grandparents or uncle/auntie in France.





Tsk tsk tsk.





Your child%26#39;s welfare %26amp; safety should be of utmost importance. What%26#39;s 400Baht/hour compared to their safety %26amp; your peace of mind.





I%26#39;m not a parent but I know I wouldn%26#39;t be doing that. I%26#39;d only trust my kids with my family.





So.... you have 3 options.





- Bring them with you everywhere;



- Leave them at home with relatives;



- Pay the nanny fee the hotel%26#39;s charging.





Btw they%26#39;re listed in importance.





Good luck!




3rd world country aside - i wouldn%26#39;t leave my child with anyone from any country unless they came from a direct referral from a family member or very close friend. With all respect to TA - i wouldn%26#39;t trust a referral online here either - for a day trip or hotel maybe - but not for a babysitter.





I%26#39;m lucky i convinced the in-laws that they needed a holiday to phuket looking after my son hahahaah




Thanks for the warning everyone!!! It%26#39;s really much appreciated specially that it is for the wellbeing of my children. Me and my husband will be around the children all the time except during dinner when they have to go to bed. I want to have a fulltime daily nanny to play with my 3 year old daughter while we will be relaxing beside the pool but they will just be beside us playing.





Thanks again.




customs must be a little different in france to in australia. if it was me i would just play with my 3 year old myself by the pool. holidays for me are a real bonding time with my kids where they get my undivided attention because i%26#39;m not burdened down with all the hassles of daily life.




I have to agree with you bullfamily, love the %26#39;hanging out by the pool%26#39; with the kids, ...many hotels have a kids club, one I can recommend was laguna beach resort...plenty of activities for my then 8 and 10 year olds, and when mum and dad wantd some %26#39;us%26#39; time te kids were only too happy to go to the kids club, some even run until quite late so going out for an adults only meal really isnt a problem


  • pimple
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment