Thursday, March 29, 2012

Which travel insurance company to use

We are travelling 5 weeks throughout Malaysia, Vietnam and Thailand.







Should we book with cover1? Quote for 35 days is $205 each





Or Aussie cover insurance $186 each.





Which travel company do you recommend to use for insurance?





Many thanks



Izzy



Which travel insurance company to use


i just checked our travel insurance direct. I can get 5 weeks cover for $145, this seems like good value. Anyone used it?





Thanks



Izzy



Which travel insurance company to use


G%26#39;day Izzy,



I never look at the final price when making comparisons , but what I actual get in the coverage .





For example Cover A might cost 200.00 but gives me Hospital of $500,000.00.



And cover of personal items of $3,000.00.





Cover B might cost $165.00 but gives me Hospital of $350,000.00.



And cover of personal items of $2,000.00.





So you see you save on the final price but lose on your cover.





Sadly people don%26#39;t do their homework and try to cut costs then get angry when they find that by taking the cheaper option they have in fact lost .





Sorry I can%26#39;t help you more but my insurance broker arranges Travel insurance to cover me for a year so I%26#39;m not sure of costs for short trips.





Cheers



Lozza




Hi Izzy,



We used Travel Insurance Direct on our last trip to Thailand, no worries.



Cheers,



Stewie.




Hi Izzy





We always use Travel Insurance Direct.. great value.. and if you look at the policy its coverage is fantastic in comparison to other companies...





I got the recommendation from the Travelfish website who are independent and said it was the best value... Not sure if they still recommend them but we are using them again on the upcoming trip!





There is a great story on travel insurance here :





http://www.travelfish.org/feature/6





5 weeks?! Wow! So jealous! When you heading off??





Reet xx




We always used Covermore and they were fantastic to us when I ended up in hospital to have 50 stitches in my mouth after a dog bite. Based on our experience, I would always recommend them.




Have a look at ouch.com.au who are an on-line agent for QBE insurance. I have found them to be the best value although admittedly and fortunately I have never made a claim




I just pay for flights and accommodation with my Visa card and travel insurance costs... nothing. And I also earn points for the purchase.





I know that Travel agents and travel insurance companies will give you scare stories about this type of travel insurance, but I%26#39;ve read the policy, it%26#39;s from a big 4 bank (Westpac), and it covers all the major events I%26#39;m interested in.





Do you think some tin-pot travel insurance company is more reliable than a bank ?





*checks share prices*





let me rephrase that...




hi,



we do the same and never had problem,wife made claim last trip and it was sorted out quickly and with no penaltys






We use Covermore. Sorry, I can%26#39;t remember what we paid last time, but I know when I looked into what they cover, I was more than happy. Luckily, we have never had to utilise their services!




Hi Izzy, many of the insurance companies here in Oz use Allianz Australia as their underwriter. I went on line and downloaded the polices and then compared what and how it was covered to suit our needs. We have chosen Travel insurance direct this time, used the RAA last two times, (not sure what your automobile association is in Vic) as I got a good price being a member, but this time the fees were a lot higher for same coverage. Make sure you read all the fine print and take a cover of the policy with you, not just the certificate of insurance. Ours is 15 pages long, so will put on USB stick with all other paperwork for trip.



Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment