Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Need help on my Itinerary first solo trip

Hi Guys



This is my first solo (female) trip - I am all excited but as well as apprehensive. I chose Thailand as the destination to start solo travelling as I have been reading that is safe for a single women to travel around the country...that is true right?(still pepping myself up that I can do it!)





Here is my rough plan of action for a weeks trip - have omitted South (Phuket etc) as it doesn%26#39;t seem fit into my current available time %26amp; budget.





Would appreciate ANY help on this - I am especially looking for info around whether I am allocating too much/little time for the activities eg. would temples/markets in Chiang Mai take a day?





======



Day 1 Bangkok Arrive in Bangkok



Morning Settling in - Hotel



Wat Pho



Wat Phra Kaeo and the Grand Palace





Day 2 Bankok A ferry ride?



Floating market



Shopping in the wkend market



Leave for Chiang Mai by train





Day 3 Chiang Mai Arrival - Chiang Mai



Temples in city



Wat Phra That Doi Suthep?



Shopping/check out markets





Day 4 Chaing Mai Flight of Gibbon



Shopping





Day 5 Chiang Mai Day long trek鈼?/p>


Train back to Bangkok at night





Day 6 Bangkok Arrive in morning in Bangkok



Check out one of the beaches- day trip only - Ko Samet



Shopping





Day 7 Bangkok Day trip to Ayutthaya



Back to bangkok %26amp; fly out



========





So is this do-able? Am i missing out something?



Looking forward to any pointers...





Thanks a ton...



Need help on my Itinerary first solo trip


Its do-able but bear in mind heat and traffic, so things will take a little longer than you expect. Day 1 - the Grand palace stops admissions at 3.30pm so your time will be very limited. Best time is mornings 8.30am-9am.



Day 2 - The floating market is way out of town and best done on a tour. The weekend market (Saturday %26amp; Sunday only) is a must do but it is huge and you will get very hot - but I guess you%26#39; have no problem sleeping on the train after that :))



Need help on my Itinerary first solo trip


Thanks dragonc



Based of suggestions %26amp; further feedback I have revised my plan. heres the new one...any advice pls?





Day 1: 27-Mar



Arrive in Bangkok - 6 AM %26amp; check in directly



Wat Pho - start at around 9 AM



Wat Phra Kaeo and the Grand Palace





Day 2:28-Mar



Weekend market





Day 3:29-Mar



Day trip to Ayutthaya/Kanchanbari



Leave for Chiang Mai - 7 PM train





Day 4: 30-Mar



Arrival - Chiang Mai - 8 AM arrival



Wat Phra That Doi Suthep



Temples in city



City markets





%26gt;%26gt; Will I be able to do Doi Suthep as planned here, if not, will extend it stay in CM by a day to do it in the morning , but that leaves me with a free afternoon - what do i do for half a day?





Day 5: 31-Mar



Flight of Gibbon OR Day trek around CM



Leave for Bangkok - 9PM





Day 6: 1 Ap



Arrive in morning in Bangkok - 9 AM



Jim Thompson house



Shopping - MBK





Day 7: 2-Apr



Floating Market



Fly out - 7 PM flight



-----



Thanks in advance!

No comments:

Post a Comment