Monday, April 23, 2012

Rayong - a nice holiday resort for a couple?

I%26#39;ve been trying to find a nice place to holiday mid March with my husband for 5 nights. I originally planned on Cha-Am, but find accommodation expensive and filling up fast. I have now set sights on Rayong. We are seeking a good relaxing holiday with a beach view (but not necessarily wanting to spend a lot of time on the beach). We love traditional Thai food and won%26#39;t be seeking to %26#39;party%26#39; nor to find Western food, all I need is a beach view, a 4-5 star accommodation and a variety of local eating places we can walk to from our hotel. Can anyone suggest accommodation that meets my requirements?



Rayong - a nice holiday resort for a couple?


novotel.com/gb/鈥ndex.shtml





Stayed a couple of times and very happy with it. Rayong is good for a relaxing holiday.



Rayong - a nice holiday resort for a couple?


Yes the Novotel Rayong, very quiet area.



Where had you looked for Cha am ? There is also Hua hin and the south of town Pranburi, Dolphin Bay and sam Roi Yot area, lots of resorts and hotels within say 30-40 minutes south of Hua Hin.



There%26#39;s about 100 plus places in the area, I hope it%26#39;s not just what a travel agent is syaing.




Thanks, I will look south of Hua Hin also. I am doing my own research, not using a travel agent and I am contacting the hotels directly... Hua Hin is relatively quite expensive, and I like the idea of a sleepy town, with less motorised water sports. Plus we arrive into BKK very late at night, so I do not want to travel too far as we have only 5 days total.




Try some of the Sunrise Coast beaches, Dolphin Bay area and Sam Roi Yot beach, Leelawadee is a small bungalow style place for very cheap(A$60-70) just over from the beach, this is a sleepy place but ok for the neraby national park, bicyle along the quiet beach raod, trips around Moneky island, about 30-40 minutes south of Hua hin town. Certainly not 4-5 star, but for better style resorts around Pranburi Purimuntra, Pattawia, but these are %26#39;very quiet%26#39;.



In Hua Hin in March probably around the AU$200 gets%26#39; you a nice on the beach small resort like Baan Laksasubha waling distance to town center, group of villas and suites.



Sofitel through probably around the A$380 range. Springfield Cha Am studio Suite about 230, Grand Pacific Soverign seaview about 175, Marriott Seaview room 265, Aleenta pranburi is boutique, seaview from about 210

No comments:

Post a Comment